Monday, February 27, 2012

Big bell

A few weeks ago, when I was "laying low" I believe there was something I did not post that's very important and it's this article here:



http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/huge-bell-set-to-ring-in-london-2012-olympics-6295620.html

I'm pretty sure I pointed to a recent Bob Schlenker post when this came out but now at least it's on the blog here.

Other than the huge bell that is being cast and other bells as well (from what I understand, everyone in England, Wales, Scotland, etc is strongly invited to ring a bell at the opening) notice the words that Danny Boyle uses:

He said: "You are standing on the shoulders of giants when you do this kind of job. 

Thanks Raph!

1 comment:

  1. Any ideas on what is meant by "sea change"

    "I think there is a SEA CHANGE and we are lucky enough to be setting it. It will be spectacular but the reduction in scale is inevitable."

    WHO ARE YOU? meme

    "one of the motifs of the ceremonies would be "who we are, who we were and who we hope to be"."

    ReplyDelete