Monday, November 21, 2011

Alvin and the Chipmunks history lesson

I didn't really think much about Alvin and the Chipmunks until someone asked me the other day to look at their recent motion picture.

Now it seems like everything I look at seems to point to Alvin and the Chipmunks.

1959
A friend of mine emailed me and told me the original Alvin and the Chipmunks were known as 'The Three Chipmunks'; this of course remind one of a lot of things - three kings (as in 'We Three Kings'), three crosses (since we have associated them with crosses - and obviously Alvin is the center cross), 3 days and nights (in the tomb), etc.

My friend (who is very alert) also mentioned to me that Alvin, Theodore and Simon's "father" is named David; David of course being the Tribe of Israel that that the Royal Family contend they are from and so seems to be associated with King Arthur, Prince William and Alvin the Chipmunk.

Who knew?

Oddly, I found this old Chipmunks record album cover...


The Chipmunks are opening their presents on the Winter Solstice or exactly 6 months after William's birthday (the Summer Solstice.)

Does it truly mean anything?  Well normally I'd say no but now I am seriously beginning to wonder.


3 comments:

  1. Dec. 21st is also the big day in 2012

    ReplyDelete
  2. theo is telling us "shh... it's a secret"

    what could Alvin's/Arthur's present be, a new throne perhaps?

    ReplyDelete