Friday, November 4, 2011

Dark satanic mills

Jerusalem

And did those feet in ancient time.
Walk upon England's mountains green:
And was the holy Lamb of God,
On England's pleasant pastures seen!

And did the Countenance Divine,
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here,
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
Bring me my Arrows of desire:
Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
Bring me my Chariot of fire!

I will not cease from Mental Fight,
Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand:
Till we have built Jerusalem,
In England's green & pleasant Land
- Henry Blake, poet 
_________________________________________________
Goodbye England's Rose

And it seems to me you lived your life Like a candle in the wind
Never fading with the sunset when the rain set in
And your footsteps will always fall here
Along England's greenest hills
Your candle's burned out long before
Your legend ever will
-"Goodbye England's Rose" - Elton John; a song about the death of Princess Diana

_________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment