Sunday, March 4, 2012

Large photo shows some new things

Found a larger picture of what the stage is to look like for the Diamon Jubilee music concert June 4th or 5th.

click for very large photo
First, the stage surrounds the Queen Victoria Memorial statue, which I never noticed until I saw the large photo:


According to Wikipedia, this statue might actually be of Nike, rather than Queen Victoria.  These days, when I think of Nike, I think of Nicki Minaj.  But, let's say it's Nike...


Below the Nike/Queen Victoria statue is a large bell.


I've already pointed out before how the overhang looks like the dragon's wings in "Awakening the Dragon."



4 comments:

  1. the overhang reminds me of an Elizabethan collar, You had mentioned the collars awhile back on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good eyes/thoughts! That never occurred to me.

    Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A dragon throne. Wheel within a wheel, cherubim, winged dragon, winged sun disk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting that Nike/Victoria
    is also a Winged Goddess.

    "Nike assumed the role of the divine charioteer" Wikipedia

    Lends more to the sun chariot/ cherubim/ flying dragon theme.

    ReplyDelete